We understand the challenges you face physically, emotionally and financially. We bring to every client and every case we handle our years of experience, an extensive knowledge of the law, and a dedication to results.
David R. Paddison
1976, Louisiana, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana and U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; 2001, U.S. Tax Court
Tulane University School of Law, J.D., 1976
Louisiana State University at Baton Rouge, B.S.B.A., Management, 1971
Covington Bar Association (Member, 1985); Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association; Association of Trial Lawyers of America; American Inns of Court (Member, 2004).
- Board Certification, Family Law, Louisiana State Bar Association. Certification, Center for Trial and Appellate Advocacy, Hasting College of Law, University of California, August 1983. The Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- Special Consultant, Criminal Law Reform and Legislative Delegate, District Attorney’s Office, Parish of Orleans, 1981.
- Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education, Certification of Family Lawyers, Louisiana. Participated, Preparation and Grading of Exams, Administered to Attorneys Applying for the Certification of Family Law.
- Guest lecturer and Consultant, Constitutional Criminal Procedure and Criminal Law, Louisiana School of Law. Clinical Advisor, Tulane University School of Law, 1980-1981. Special Consultant, Junior Achievement Program, New Orleans and Advisor, Contemporary Arts Center, 1978-1979.
- Assistant District Attorney: Felony and Homicide Prosecutor, Parish of St. Tammany, 1983-1986; Parish of Orleans, commenced work for the Hon. Harry F. Connick in the economic crime unit and thereafter was named senior trial assistant in six sections of court; Member, Career Criminal Bureau, 1979; Chief Homicide and Rape, 1980-1981; Chief of Trials for all criminal sections, 619 S. White Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1981-1983. Certified Licensed Tanker Man, International Tank Terminal. Farm Eastern. Representative and Operations Analyst, International Matex Tank Terminals, Legal Department, 1975-1978. In-house Counsel, International Matex. Formerly with Coleman, Dutrey, Thomson, Meyer and Jurisich, 1978.
- Church Activities: Member of the Vestry, Christ Episcopal Church, Covington, Louisiana; Committee on Ministry and Commission; Development of Children’s House; Long-term Planning committee, Christ Episcopal, Covington, Louisiana; Legal Advisor, Christ Episcopal Church, Covington, Louisiana; Vice Chancellor, School Board for Christ Episcopal School, 1988-1991. (Board Certified Family Law Specialist, Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization)
Savannah, Georgia, May 15, 1949